FTA Europe – Packaging Conference 2019
BELGIUM • An estimated 100+ delegates from the European packaging value chain will meet in Brussels on 21 February 2019 to discuss the future of the packaging sector. This event is co-organised by Intergraf, Smithers Pira and FTA Europe and is moderated by Gerd Bergmann, editorial director of Flexo & Gravure Global and Flexo+TiefDruck (G&K TechMedia).
Packaging Conference 2019 will take place with supplementary networking activities running from 20-22 February and will focus on the growing European printed packaging sector, with particular attention paid to market trends and consumer perspectives. Speakers will address various sectoral developments, as well as different technologies, materials and sub-sectors.
Many high-level speakers have already been announced:
- Kestutis Sadauskas, Director for the Green Economy at DG Environment, European Commission, will present the EU perspective on new requirements for packaging from the circular economy package and the proposed legislation on single-use plastics;
- Joanna Stephenson, Managing Director of PHD Marketing and Co-Founder of Women in Packaging, will address trends in packaging;
- Chris Tonge, Managing Director of Ultimate Packaging, will present a case study about digital developments;
- Guy Douglass, Creative Strategy Director at Parker Williams Ltd – Sun Branding Solutions, will discuss the challenges of creating fit-for-purpose packaging;
- Peter Ragaert, Technological Adviser at Pack4Food, University of Ghent, will address the difficult balance between functionality, convenience and sustainability of packaging;
- Ania Krolak, Managing Consultant at Smithers Pira (Smithers Information), will present Smithers Pira’s European Printed Packaging Market Report, giving participants a detailed economic overview of the sector, including trends and forecasts;
- There will also be presentations from a brand owner and a retailer.
More speakers will be announced soon!
As with all “Shaping the Future of Print” events, participants will receive the “European Printed Packaging Market Report”, being prepared exclusively by Smithers Pira for the conference. This event is targeted towards high-level professionals in the European packaging value chain. Delegates will include representatives from European and national industry associations, market research institutes, packaging printing companies and their suppliers, representatives of the European Commission and journalists.