CHINA • The “Shanghai World of Packaging 2015” (SWOP) has opened its doors at 17 November at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in China and will run through to 20 November. The fair covers an area of 50,000 sqm with 700 exhibitors showing their innovations in the printing industry.
SWOP comprises four including the International Packaging Material Production and Processing Exhibition (PacPro Asia), the International Food Processing and Packaging Exhibition (FoodPex), the International Bulk Packaging Technology and Equipment Exhibition (BulkPex) and the 20th edition of The China International Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industry Exhibition (CHINA-PHARM).
SWOP is cooperating with the China Packaging Federation and Packaging Family to present the “Packaging Material Zone” at PacPro Asia. According to the event organisers, the new zone gathers about 200 companies displaying their latest technologies and developments with participants including Shanghai Packaging and Paper (Group) Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Beauty Star Co., Ltd., Albea Packaging (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Dongguan City Jingli Can Co., Ltd., PolyOne Color & Additives, Menshen Packaging (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. etc.
Furthermore, the organisers put together a series of large-scale conferences and seminars to discuss current hot topics such as packaging and food safety, green packaging, and e-commerce packaging. Seminars include:
- 2015 ISPE-CCFDIE China Conference
- Yangtze River Creative Packaging Seminar
- The 9th Chinese Food and Drug Industry Clean Technology (Shanghai) Forum
- FoodPex Seminar – Improve food safety, reduce food waste
- New Degradable material for packaging
- Excipient Seminar
- Future of packaging from the needs of brands
- Supplier Communication Conference of Haier Packaging Module
- PacPro Asia Seminar – Packaging and shopping trends in China
- New GMP Application Seminar
Moreover, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, Wahaha, Proya, Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group and other end-product manufacturers are going to share their views with suppliers.