ITALY • More than 35 participants attended the kick off workshop of the Flexo Best Practice Tool Box project in Milan in September, promoted by Icmprint and FTA Europe. The project brings together cross-industry experts to create a reference document for printers and suppliers aiming to improve their flexo performance. At the kick off meeting, experts from Benelux, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, the UK and Hungary agreed to implement the project and approved the general structure of the document that will be produced.
The consortium will begin by collecting together all existing available technical information from national flexographic technical associations participating in the project, as well as suppliers across Europe and converters.
Participants also agreed on the following key points of the Flexo Best Practice Tool Box project: (1)
- the production of documents will be mainly on a digital platform
- there will be a thorough analysis of benefits versus costs
- preparation and practice of problem solving sheets will be included
- a bottom up approach will be adopted
- the contents of the resulting papers will be easily accessible and able to be understood at all levels
The organizations said suppliers supporting the project will be announced shortly.